Public Works Department
202 E Lincoln
Fence Building Permits are required for all fences. This is to ensure that City ordinances and zoning regulations are followed in their construction. It is the property owner's responsibility to submit a utility locate request to Kansas One-Call 1-800-DIG-SAFE (344-7233) 48 hours prior to excavating for fence posts. The staking inspection will not be made until the locate request has been submitted. There is no charge for fence building permits.
Fence Building Regulations
- Any fence in a front-yard setback must be 4 feet or less.
- Corner lots must have a front-lot setback on both frontages.
- Corner lots are NOT allowed build a fence over 24 inches within the sight-triangle of an intersection.
- Property owners may build to the side-lot and rear-lot of the property line.
- Side and rear-lot fences are allowed up to 6 feet 6 inches.
- NO barbed wire or electric fences are permitted.