Community Development Director
101 S Main
(785) 227-4128 FAX
The Community Development Department implements and coordinates community and economic development strategies and programs for the City of Lindsborg. Working with diverse organizations within the community, as well as various regional and state-wide institutions, the department performs technical and professional work related to planning, housing, public participation programs, grant writing and administration, and project administration.
Primary functions include:
- Long-range planning for community development, economic development, redevelopment and business assistance programs.
- Long-term planning focused on achieving the City's mission and Council priorities.
- Implementing strategies to encourage retention and expansion of existing businesses and to attact new business.
- Encouraging the development of housing consistent with the image and direction of the community.
- Performing planning activities in the implementation of the City's Comprehensive Plan, zoning and subdivision regulations, land use amendments and map changes, variances, special us permits, zone changes and other planning related issues.
- Floodplain administration