(785) 227-4128 FAX
Or North Park is located along North Main Street. This is a featured site for local festivals sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce.
Park Band Shell
A band shell built as a WPA project in 1935 sets as a centerpiece on the east side of the park. Many times during the year, you can experience concerts, special performances, and local Broadway RFD outdoor theatre productions.
Park Highlights & Amenities
- Shelter (with grill, lights, electric outlets)
- Viking Valley Playground
- Tennis (lighted) & Basketball Courts
- Fishpond (by local artist, Anton Pearson)
- Gazebo & Stone Water Fountain
- Restrooms (Spring - Fall)
There is no cost to reserve the shelter and reservations are accepted on a first come first serve basis. To reserve the park shelter submit a Park Shelter Reservation Request
or contact City Hall.